Dates of Old Parish Registers
"The parish church, with 1082 sittings, is a plain Gothic structure, built in 1839 and enlarged in 1875;"
"From the church at the village, one can see no fewer than 15 other parish churches."
"The ancient parish church stood in a very romantic spot, ..... at the SW point of the parish; seems to have been built at a very remote period for the accomodation of the family occupying the original mansion of Cambusnethan; ....."
"Another old place of worship .... stood towards the centre of the parish, at a place still called Chapel; and a third, where the famous Covenanting ministers Cameron and Renwick preached, stood at Darmead Linn, in the extreme NE."
"Cambusnethan is now in the presbytery of Hamilton and the synod of Glasgow and Ayr."
(Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland 1884)