"CARLUKE, town and par. with ry. sta., mid. Lanarkshire, 5½ miles NW. of Lanark and 19¼ miles SE. of Glasgow -- par., 15,345 ac., pop. 8552; town, pop. 3867; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks; is a neat, well-built place, and the centre of business for a considerable extent of surrounding country. Coal, ironstone, limestone, sandstone, abound in the neighbourhood, and are extensively worked."
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
Mortcloth records 1694-1809
Burial records 1728-1738, 1750-1778, 1838-1851
- Churches in Carluke:
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Carluke area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
1831 ---- 1841 ---- 1851 ---- 1861 ---- 1871 ---- 1887 8552 1891 ----