"CARSTAIRS, par. and vil., E. Lanarkshire -- par., 9820 ac., pop. 1955; vil., pop. 528; P.O.; the vil. is 1 mile NW. of C. Junc. Carstairs House is 1 mile SW. of C. Junc. Carstairs, anciently called Castleterres, signifying the castle or fort of 00092 LKS:, is supposed to have been the Roman Coria. From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887"
Dates of Old Parish Registers
- Churches in Carstairs:
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Carstairs area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.