" Gorbals, par., Glasgow, on S. side of river Clyde, 25 ac., pop. 5567; P.O., called Gorbal's Cross. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
- Churches in Gorbals (NS590640):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Gorbals area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
Gorbals has long been part of the City of Glasgow, so the Glasgow pages are essential reading.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Gorbals has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
One famous son of the Gorbals area was Sir Thomas Lipton.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
Year Population 1831 ---- 1841 ---- 1851 ---- 1861 ---- 1871 ---- 1881 ---- 1891 ----