" vil. with ry. sta., Wandell and Lamington par., Lanarkshire, on right bank of river Clyde, 6 miles SW. of Biggar; P.O.; the ry. sta. is on the left bank of the river; the church (St Ninian's) is old; in vicinity are the ruins of the Tower of Lamington, an old fortalice, and Lamington House, a modern mansion, seat of Lord Lamington. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
- Churches in Lamington (NS981311):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Lamington area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Lamington has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
Year Population 1831 ---- 1841 ---- 1851 ---- 1861 ---- 1871 ---- 1881 ---- 1891 ----