" par. and vil., Lanarkshire, on river Clyde - par., 3900 ac., pop. 360; vil., 3 miles S. of Carstairs Junction; P.O. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
- Churches in Pettinain (NS954429):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Pettinain area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Pettinain has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
Year Population 1831 ---- 1841 ---- 1851 ---- 1861 ---- 1871 ---- 1881 ---- 1891 ----