" a village and an ancient parish in the Upper Ward of Lanarkshire. The village, standing near the left bank of the river Clyde, 3 miles SSE of Lamington station, has a U.P. church, rebuilt in 1873. The ancient parish, lying around the village, was united to Wiston in 1772. - Ord. Sur., sh. 23, 1865. "
From Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland, 1882-4
Dates of Old Parish Registers
m. some in birth records
- Churches in Roberton (NS945287):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Roberton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Roberton has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
Year Population 1831 ---- 1841 ---- 1851 ---- 1861 ---- 1871 ---- 1881 ---- 1891 ----