GENUKI Home page
index.html East Calder    Contents & Site Map Contents &
Site Map

EAST CALDER - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"EAST CALDER, a parish united with Kirknewton, in the county of Edinburgh, Scotland, 1 mile E.N.E. of Mid Calder, and 11 miles S.W. of Edinburgh. Here is an United Presbyterian church, and E. of the village is a large limestone quarry.

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]


© Copyright Colin Hinson, GENUKI and contributors, 1999-2006, &c.
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an Organisation

These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.

Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.

URL of this page: /big/sct/MLN/EastCalder/Gaz1868.html


Valid HTML 4.0! Info Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
[Created 02 Jun 2006. Last updated 02 Jun 2006 - 14:59 Gaz3 v1.34c by Rosemary Lockie]
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.