Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"LEITH, a seaport town, and municipal and parliamentary burgh, in county Edinburgh, Scotland. It was originally called Inverleith, and includes the parish of North Leith, nearly the whole of South Leith parish, and a small part of the parish of St. Cuthbert, Edinburgh. It is situated 2 miles N.N.E. of the cross of Edinburgh (of which city it is the port), in 55° 58' N. lat., 3° 9' W. long., on the S. shore of the Frith of Forth. The town is about 1 mile long, and measures about half a mile at its broadest point."
- Episcopal Church, Queen Street, Episcopal
- St James, Constitution Street, Episcopal
- Leith Methodist, Junction Place, Methodist
- Episcopal Congregation, Non-conformist
- Kirkgate Church, Henderson Street, Not known
- St Thomas, Mill Lane, Not known
- Elim Pentecostal, Casselbank Street, Pentecostal
- Salvation Army Hall, Bangor Road, Salvation Army
- Scandinavian Lutheran Church, North Junction Street, Scandinavian Lutheran Church
- Guru Nanak Gurdawara, Mill Lane, Sikh Temple
- Tabernacle Church, Henderson Street, Tabernacle Church
- Newhaven Parish Church, Craighall Road, Church of Scotland
- Pilrig St Paul's, Pilrig Street, Church of Scotland
- St Andrew's, Easter Road, Church of Scotland
- St Margaret's Parish Church, Restalrig Road South, Restalrig, Church of Scotland
- St Paul's, Lorne Street, Pilrig, Church of Scotland
- St Mary, Star of the Sea, Constitution Street, Roman Catholic
- St Andrew, Dalmeny Street, Pilrig, Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Elder Memorial, Casselbank Street, Free Church of Scotland
- St Johns Free Church, Constitution Street, Free Church of Scotland
- Summerside Street, United Free Church of Scotland
- Ebenezer United Free, Bangor Road, United Free Church of Scotland
- Ebenezer United Free, Great Junction Street, United Free Church of Scotland
- Dalmeny Street, Pilrig, United Presbyterian
- St Thomas, Junction Road, United Presbyterian
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Leith area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Leith which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Leith has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT270750 (Lat/Lon: 55.962487, -3.170930), Leith which are provided by: