NORTH LEITH - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"NORTH LEITH, The parish of North Leith is in the presbytery of Edinburgh and synod of Lothian and Tweeddale, in the patronage of the heads of families: the minister's stipend is £285. The parish church was built in 1816. There is a chapel-of-ease at Newhaven, in the patronage of the trustees and male seat-holders above eighteen years of age. Here there are three Free churches, one United Presbyterian, and one Baptist chapel."