|North Leith||Contents &
"NORTH LEITH, The parish of North Leith is in the presbytery of Edinburgh and synod of Lothian and Tweeddale, in the patronage of the heads of families: the minister's stipend is £285. The parish church was built in 1816. There is a chapel-of-ease at Newhaven, in the patronage of the trustees and male seat-holders above eighteen years of age. Here there are three Free churches, one United Presbyterian, and one Baptist chapel."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
© Copyright Colin Hinson, GENUKI and contributors, 1999-2006, &c.
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an Organisation
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.
Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/MLN/NorthLeith/Gaz1868.html