- A Window on North Ronaldsay: by Peter A. Tulloch. Published by The Orcadian 1974, reprinted 1995. 230pp. In print. ISBN 0952617404
Comprehensive history, includes names of officials and frequency of surnames in 1733, 1801, 1901, 1973.
- Island Saga. The Story of North Ronaldsay: by M. A. Scott. Published by Alex. P. Reid, Edinburgh. 1968.
- The Placenames of North Ronaldsay: by Hugh Marwick. Published 1923 Proceedings of the Orkney Antiquarian Society i,53-64.
Old Parish Registers
Other chuurch records (held at Orkney Archives in Kirkwall).
- Ref: OCR/FC/17: North Ronaldsay Free Kirk: Baptisms 1844-1914, Marriages 1848-1911, Communion Roll 1847-1882 and 1915-1931.
- Ref: OCR/KC/18: Ringansay Kirk, N.R. Baptisms 1855-1930 and 1934-1948, Marriages 1855-1931, Communion Roll 1865-1931.
of births, deaths, and marriages for the island of North Ronaldsay.
The Registrar's records extend back only as far as 1st January 1855 when registration became compulsory in Scotland.
Some descriptive and pictorial material is provided here by courtesy of Orknet
Orkney Family History Researchers are engaged in researching family histories in North Ronaldsay and all other parishes in Orkney. All of them are willing to share the results of their research with others.
The Place-names of North Ronaldsay
by Hugh Marwick
Published: 1923 in theProceedings of the Orkney Antiquarian Society i, 53-64.
Accessible in Orkney Archives.
help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Last updated: 10 May, 2004 - Robert C. Marwick]