"ARNGASK, parish in the counties of Kinross, Fife, and Perth. It contains Damhead village, with post office under Kinross. Acres of the Kinross part, 1801; of the Fife part, 1834; of the Perth part, 2815. Real property in 1880-81, £1897, £2379, £2506. Pop. 129, 219, 199. The surface includes hills of the Ochils, and is richly diversified. The church contains 380 sittings, and the public schoolhas accomodation for 150 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland by Rev. John Wilson, 1882
The interment register is available at the local council offices in Kinross. Please consult the cemeteries page.
There are pre 1855 inscriptions available in Monumental inscriptions (pre-1855) in South Perthshire.
The GRO(S) Ref. No. is 404 up to and including 1891. Thereafter it is 328c. Please consult the county page for general information.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
|GRO(S) Ref. No.|
|404/1||B 1688-1726||M 1689-1726||D 1702-26|
|404/2||B 1726-47||M 1726-48||D 1726-48|
|404/3||B 1748-82||M 1748-80||D 1748-80|
|404/4||B 1783-1819||M 1780-1819||D 1780-1819|
|404/5||B 1820-54||M 1820-54||D 1820-54|
- The transcription of the section for Arngask from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.