"BENDOCHY, parish, with church, 2 miles north-west of Coupar-Angus, Perthshire. Its post town is Coupar-Angus. Acres, 9368. Real property in 1880-81, £12,075. Pop. quoad civilia, 715; quoad sacra, 499. The southern section, around the church, is variously leve, undulating, and hilly; and the northern one lies detached at from 8 to 13 miles to the north-west, is partly arable, and includes skirts of the Grampians. The public school has about 52 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.