"BENDOCHY, parish, with church, 2 miles north-west of Coupar-Angus, Perthshire. Its post town is Coupar-Angus. Acres, 9368. Real property in 1880-81, £12,075. Pop. quoad civilia, 715; quoad sacra, 499. The southern section, around the church, is variously leve, undulating, and hilly; and the northern one lies detached at from 8 to 13 miles to the north-west, is partly arable, and includes skirts of the Grampians. The public school has about 52 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.
The interment registers for the former are available at the local council offices in Blairgowrie. Please consult the cemeteries page.
There are pre 1855 inscriptions available for both in Monumental inscriptions (pre-1855) in North Perthshire.
The GRO(S) Ref. No. is 332. Please consult the county page for general information.
An index for 1851 is available from Tay Valley FHS.
Please consult the county page for general information.
- Church of Scotland (OPR)
|GRO(S) Ref. No.|
|331/1||B 1642-1819||M 1700-1819||D-|
|332/2||B 1719-20||M 1700-20||D 1692-1819|
|332/3||B 1820-54||M 1820-54||D-|
- The transcription of the section for Bendochy from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.