"BLACKFORD, village and parish in south-east of Perthshire. The village stands 10 miles north-east of Dunblane, and has a post office, with money order department, under Braco, a railway station, a banking office, a hotel, Established and Free churches, a public school with about 116 scholars. Pop. 679. - The parish is about 10 miles long and 5 broad, and comprises 21,453 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £17,588. Pop. 1595. The River Earn bounds the north, Devon water the south, and the Madrany, the Ruthven, and Allan traverse parts of the interior. The northern district is rich, well-cultivated strath; the middle district comprises Tullibardine glen and moor; and the southern district is part of the Ochil Hills. There are 3 public schools for 231 scholars.
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.