"BLACKFORD, village and parish in south-east of Perthshire. The village stands 10 miles north-east of Dunblane, and has a post office, with money order department, under Braco, a railway station, a banking office, a hotel, Established and Free churches, a public school with about 116 scholars. Pop. 679. - The parish is about 10 miles long and 5 broad, and comprises 21,453 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £17,588. Pop. 1595. The River Earn bounds the north, Devon water the south, and the Madrany, the Ruthven, and Allan traverse parts of the interior. The northern district is rich, well-cultivated strath; the middle district comprises Tullibardine glen and moor; and the southern district is part of the Ochil Hills. There are 3 public schools for 231 scholars.
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.
The interment register for 1 is available at the local council offices in Crieff. Please consult the cemeteries page.
There are pre 1855 inscriptions available for all in Monumental inscriptions (pre-1855) in South Perthshire.
The GRO(S) Ref. No. is 333. Please consult the county page for general information.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
|GRO(S) Ref. No.|
|333/1||B 1721-1819||M 1738-1819||D-|
|333/2||B 1820-54||M 1820-54||D-|
- The transcription of the section for Blackford from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.