"COLLACE, village and parish in Gowrie district, Perthshire. The village stands 8 miles north-east of Perth, and is near Woodside railway station and Balbeggie village, with post office under Perth. The parish contains Kinrossie and Saugher hamlets, and comprise 2927 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £3740. Pop. 409. The southern section is flat, and the northern one includes part of the Sidlaw Hills. The chief seat and antiquities are on Dunsinnan estate. The churches are Established and Free. The public school has accomodation for 103 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.
The interment register is available at the local council offices in Blairgowrie. Please consult the cemeteries page.
There are pre 1855 inscriptions available in Monumental inscriptions (pre-1855) in North Perthshire.
The GRO(S) Ref. No. is 340. Please consult the county page for general information.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
GRO(S) Ref. No. 340/1 B 1706-1819* M 1720-1819* D- 340/2 B- M 1741-1817 D 1739-1817 340/3 B 1820-54 M 1820-54 D-
- The transcription of the section for Collace from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.