"KILMADOCK, parish containing Doune town, and Deanston, Buchany, Drumvaich, and Delvorich villages on southern border of Perthshire. Its length is 10 miles; its breadth from 2 to 8 miles; its area 24,521 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £23,044. Pop. 3012. The Forth runs in serpentine folds along its southern boundary, and the Teith runs east-south-eastward through the centre. A flat tract of considerable breadth lies along the Forth; a valley, flanked on each side by a hill-ridge, is traversed by the Teith; and an upland tract, part of the Braes of Doune, ascends to the lofty summit of Uaighmore on the northern boundary."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.
The interment register may be with the Cemeteries Service of Stirling Council.
There are pre-1855 inscriptions available in Monumental inscriptions (pre-1855) in South Perthshire.
The GRO(S) Ref. No. is 362. Please consult the county page for general information.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
GRO(S) Ref. No. 362/1 B 1623-80 M- D- 362/2 B 1680-1734 M 1623-1736 D 1704-20 362/3 B 1734-91 M 1756-91 D- 362/4 B 1791-1819 M 1791-1819 D- 362/5 B 1820-54 M 1820-54 D-
- The transcription of the section for Kilmadock from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.