[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"KINCLAVEN, a parish in the district of Stormont, county Perth, Scotland, 7 miles N. of Perth, and adjacent to Meikleour, its post town. The parish is traversed by the road from Perth to Dunkeld. Its nearest railway station is Stanley, on the Scottish Midland line. The river Tay runs about 10 miles along the boundary of the parish, and forms a cascade called the Linn of Campsie. There are several fishing stations on this river. The size of the parish is 4 miles by 2. Its surface is woody, but in some places fertile and well cultivated. It is in the presbytery of Dunkeld, and synod of Perth and Stirling. The minister's stipend is £277. The parish church is an ancient structure. The United Presbyterians have a church, and took a prominent part in the secession. Opposite the mouth of the Isla, and on the river Tay, are the remains of Kinclaven Castle, once a royal residence, said to have been erected by Malcolm Canmore. This is the "won Kinclaven" described in the metrical history of Sir William Wallace."
"AIRNTULLY, a village in the parish of Kinclaven, in the county of Perth, Scotland, 8 miles to the N. of the city of Perth."
"ARNTULLY, a small village in the parish of Kinclaven, in the county of Perth, Scotland. It is 8 miles N. of Perth. The inhabitants are employed in linen weaving."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]