"LECROFT, a parish, partly in the county of Perth, and partly in the county of Stirling, Scotland, 2 miles S.E. of Donne. It is situated on the river Forth, where the river Teith Joins. It contains part of the parish of the Bridge of Allan. The parish is celebrated for the beauty of its scenery, and measures about 3 miles by 2. The surface, for the most part, consists of good carse land, and is well cultivated. The parish is in the presbytery of Dunblane, and synod of Perth and Stirling. The minister's stipend is £148. The church is a Gothic structure. In the vicinity of the mansion of heir are a chain of forts or caers. The parish enjoys ready access to the Scottish Central railway through the Bridge of Allan station. Stirling of Keir is the chief heritor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)