"LOGIE, parish in Stirlingshire, Clackmannanshire, and Perthshire. It adjoins Stirling town, and contains Causewayhead, Menstrie, and Blairlogie villages., part of Bridge of Allan town, and a small part of Stirling burgh. Its length is 6½ miles; its greatest breadth about 6 miles; its area 3026 acres in Stirlingshire, 3632 acres in Clackmannanshire, and 5156 acres in Perthshire. Real property in 1880-81, £23,761, £9294, and £3712. Pop. 2985, and 1438, and 273. The river Allan traces the western boundary; the river Devon traces the eastern boundary; and the river Forth, from mouth of the former to mouth of the latter, traces all the southern boundary. The land in the north and north-east is part of the Ochil Hills; thence, to about the middle, is brae or hanging plain; and thence to the rivers, is rich carse One of the Ochil hills is the famous Dunmyat; and another of its prominent features is Abbey-Craig. Silver and copper ores are among its Ochils; and the mineral wells of Airthrie are near Bridge of Allan. A chief residence is Lord Abercromby's seat of Airthrie Cartle, and a chief antiquity is Cambuskenneth Abbey. The parochial church stands on a rural spot near Blairlogie. Established, Free, United Presbyterian, and Episcopal churches are at Bridge of Allan, and a United Presbyterian church is at Blairlogie. Six schools for 976 scholars are in the parish, and 3 of them for 570 are new."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.