"RHYND, (or Rhind), a parish in the district of Eastern Perth, county Perth, Scotland. It is bounded by the parishes of Perth, Kinnoul, Kinfauns, St. Madoes, Abernethy, and Dumbarnie. It extends in length about 4 miles from S.E. to N.W., with an extreme breadth of 1½ mile. The surface is moderately flat, and is of a fertile carse nature. Rhynd Island, which has been reclaimed from the river, is included in this parish There is a mineral spring. Near to the ancient castle of Elcho is part of Orchardnook Priory, founded as a cell to Dunfermline Abbey. The soil consists of a sharp gravel in the N.W. district, but in the S.E. it is principally clay. The village of Rhynd is about 3 miles S.E. of Perth, and is situated on a point at the confluence of the rivers Tay and Earn. It is within easy access of the Scottish Central railway, the Edinburgh and Perth railway, and the Tay navigation. This parish is in the presbytery of Perth and synod of Perth and Stirling. The stipend of the minister is £234. The church was erected in 1842. There is a parochial school."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)