"TIBBERMORE, parish extending westward from Perth. It contains Ruthven village and a small part of Perth burgh, has a post office of its own name under Perth, measures 6 miles by 3, and comprises 6140 acres. Real property of landward part in 1880-81, £ 11, 762. Pop. of the whole, quoad civilia, 1883; quoad sacra, 1832. The surface descends from the watershed of the Earn to the right bank of the Almond, and is aggerately a gradual declevity, but includes a large plain, mostly engirt by abrupt descent from surounding ground, and extending eastward tothe Tay. Chief features are a number of resident proprietors' seats, Huntingtower Castel, the site of a residence of several bishops of Dunkeld, the site of an ancient convent, and part of the scene of the Marquis of Montrose's first battle with the Covenanters. There are 2 schools with capacity for 264 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland, 1882.