[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"TRINITY-GASK, (or Tarnty), a parish in the eastern district of county Perth, Scotland. It comprises the three parishes of Kinkell, West Gask, and Chapelhill; extends 5 miles in length by about 3 in breadth, and is bounded on the N. by Madderty, on the E. by Gask, on the S. by Auchterarder and Blackford, and on the W. by Muthill and Crieff. The surface is moderately even, and, for the most part, well cultivated, and diversified with wood. The old Roman road, paved with stones, runs for a mile along the highest part of the parish. There are springs and several streams abounding in trout and salmon. The village of Trinity-Gask, which is about 7 miles S.W. of Perth, is situated on the river Earn, and is within easy access of several stations on the Scottish Central and Crieff railways. At Kinkell a bridge crosses the river Earn, connecting the two sections of the parish, which is traversed by the road from Perth to Muthill, and by that from Crieff to Auchterarder. This parish is in the presbytery of Auchterarder and Synod of Perth and Stirling. The stipend of the minister is about £150. The parish church was erected about 1770. There are also an United Presbyterian church, situated at Kinkell, and a parochial school. Millearn House and Colquhalzie House are the principal seats."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]