"TULLIALLAN, parish, containing Kincardine town, on the Forth, in a detached district of Perthshire. Its length is about 2¾ miles; its breadth nearly 2½ miles; its area 3586 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £9120. Pop. 2199. The land contains part of a gentle broad-based hill, but mostly slopes gently from northern boundary to the Forth, and comprises a valuable tract, reclaimed and embanked from the tide. Coal and ironstone are plentiful. The chief seat is Tulliallan Castle; and the chief antiquities are the ruined old Tulliallan Castle, and the old church at Overtown. The present churches are Established, Free, and United Presbyterian, and the public schools are 2, with about 251 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland, 1882.