"TULLIALLAN, parish, containing Kincardine town, on the Forth, in a detached district of Perthshire. Its length is about 2 3/4 miles; its breadth nearly 2 1/2 miles; its area 3586 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £9120. Pop. 2199. The land contains part of a gentle broad-based hill, but mostly slopes gently from northern boundary to the Forth, and comprises a valuable tract, reclaimed and embanked from the tide. Coal and ironstone are plentiful. The chief seat is Tulliallan Castle; and the chief antiquities are the ruined old Tulliallan Castle, and the old church at Overtown. The present churches are Established, Free, and United Presbyterian, and the public schools are 2, with about 251 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland, 1882.
The GRO(S) Ref. No. is 397. Please consult the county page for general information.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
GRO(S) Ref. No. 397/1 B 1673-1819 M- D- 397/2 B- M 1673-1819 D 1680-1781 397/3 B 1820-54 M 1820-54 D 1824-48
- The transcription of the section for Tulliallan from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
The parish of Tulliallan was transferred from Perthshire to Fife, on 15 May 1891.