"WEEM, village and parish in north-west of Perthshire. The village stands on the Tay, about a mile north-west of Aberfeldy, and has a hotel, a parochial church of 1835, an ancient church with curious monument, and a public school with about 61 scholars. - The parish contains also six other small villages, comprehends eleven sections, all detached from one another, lies dispersed over nearly one-fourth of the county, and comprises 41,887 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £6201. Pop. Quoad civilia, 474. Weem proper is much the more populous section, extends about 1½ mile along north bank of the Tay, and forms a richly embellished section of the Tay's strath. The other ten sections share almost every feature of the county, but have aggregately a predominance of mountain and waste; and only three of them are included in the parish quoad sacra. Chief seats are Castle Menzies and Auchmore."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland, 1882.