"WEEM, village and parish in north-west of Perthshire. The village stands on the Tay, about a mile north-west of Aberfeldy, and has a hotel, a parochial church of 1835, an ancient church with curious monument, and a public school with about 61 scholars. - The parish contains also six other small villages, comprehends eleven sections, all detached from one another, lies dispersed over nearly one-fourth of the county, and comprises 41,887 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £6201. Pop. Quoad civilia, 474. Weem proper is much the more populous section, extends about 1 1/2 mile along north bank of the Tay, and forms a richly embellished section of the Tay's strath. The other ten sections share almost every feature of the county, but have aggregately a predominance of mountain and waste; and only three of them are included in the parish quoad sacra. Chief seats are Castle Menzies and Auchmore."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland, 1882.
The interment register is available at the local council offices in Pitlochry. Please consult the cemeteries page.
There are pre-1855 inscriptions available for all in Monumental inscriptions (pre-1855) in North Perthshire.
The GRO(S) Ref. No. is 398. Please consult the county page for general information.
An index for 1851 is available from Tay Valley FHS.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
GRO(S) Ref. No. 398/1 B 1693-1819 M 1692-1819 D 1800-1813 398/2 B 1820-54 M 1820-54 D-
- The transcription of the section for Weem from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.