"EAGLESHAM, town and parish in south-east of Renfrewshire. The town stands 9 miles south of Glasgow; possessed some importance in the time of Charles II; was entirely rebuilt, on a neat regular plan, subsequent to 1796; and has a post office under Glasgow, a banking office, a cotton factory, Established, Free, United Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic churches, and a public school with about 106 scholars. Pop. 888."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Eaglesham (NS573518):
Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths began in Scotland on 1st January 1855. For details of these and other records held at the General Register Office in Edinburgh, see the GRO tutorial.GENUKI Gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Eaglesham to another place.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Eaglesham has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.