"EAGLESHAM, town and parish in south-east of Renfrewshire. The town stands 9 miles south of Glasgow; possessed some importance in the time of Charles II; was entirely rebuilt, on a neat regular plan, subsequent to 1796; and has a post office under Glasgow, a banking office, a cotton factory, Established, Free, United Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic churches, and a public school with about 106 scholars. Pop. 888."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Eaglesham (NS573518):
- Details of the administrative areas of which Eaglesham has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.