Inchinnan

"INCHINNAN, parish on the Clyde, north-westward from the Cart, Renfrewshire. Its post town is Paisley. Its length is 3¼ miles; its greatest breadth 2¾ miles; its area 3330 acres. ..... Pop. 505. The surface is partly flat, partly diversified by diluvial rising-grounds, and all highly cultinated. The seats are Park and South Barr; and other objects of interest are the sites of Inchinnan Palace and North Barr baronial fortalice. The lands and the quondam palace belonged to successively the High Stewards of Scotland and the Earls of Lennox."

[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]


Bibliography

Cemeteries

Census

Church History

Church Records

"The parochial church occupies the site of a Culdee cell, and is a handsome edifice of 1828. The Free church was erected subsequent to 1843."
From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.

Records in the old parish registers (OPRs) for Inchinnan parish span the following years:

Births or Baptisms ~ 1722-1848
Marriages or Banns ~ 1722-1850
Deaths or Burials ~ 1783-1789

Civil Registration

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Ask the GENUKI Gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Inchinnan to another place.

Historical Geography

Maps

You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS477691 (Lat/Lon: 55.890921, -4.436925), Inchinnan which are provided by:

Population