"INNERKIP, village and parish in extreme west of Renfrewshire. The village stands on Kip rivulet, 3 furlongs from its mouth, and 6 miles south-west of Greenock; is a pleasant place with charming environs; and has a post office under Greenock, a railway station, a hotel, a handsome Established church, a Free church, a fine mausoleum of the Shaw-Stewart family, and a public school with about 172 scholars. Pop. 580."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Innerkip (NS209719):
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.