"KILMALCOLM, town and parish in lower ward of Renfrewshire. ..... The parish measures 7½ miles by 6½ comprises 19,665 acres. ..... Pop. 2708. The south-eastern section is a shelving valley, traversed by upper part of Gryfe river; the northern section is a slope from left flank of that valley downward to the Clyde; the south-western section is mostly moss; and the western section is mostly waste or pastoral hill. Chief residences are Duchall, Carruth, Finlayston, Broadfield, and villas on the Clyde."
From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.
The parish church records are held in the General Register Office for Scotland in Edinburgh, and copies on microfilm may be consulted in local libraries and in LDS Family History Centres around the world.Records in the old parish registers (OPRs) for Kilmalcolm parish span the following years:
Births or Baptisms ~ 1710-1854
Marriages or Banns ~ 1695-1854
Deaths or Burials ~ 1817-1832
- Churches in Kilmalcolm (NS360696):
Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths began in Scotland on 1st January 1855. For details of these and other records held at the General Register Office in Edinburgh, see the GRO tutorial.GENUKI Gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Kilmalcolm to another place.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Kilmacolm has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.