"KILMALCOLM, town and parish in lower ward of Renfrewshire. ..... The parish measures 7½ miles by 6½ comprises 19,665 acres. ..... Pop. 2708. The south-eastern section is a shelving valley, traversed by upper part of Gryfe river; the northern section is a slope from left flank of that valley downward to the Clyde; the south-western section is mostly moss; and the western section is mostly waste or pastoral hill. Chief residences are Duchall, Carruth, Finlayston, Broadfield, and villas on the Clyde."
From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.
Births or Baptisms ~ 1710-1854
Marriages or Banns ~ 1695-1854
Deaths or Burials ~ 1817-1832
- Churches in Kilmalcolm (NS360696):
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.