"KILMALCOLM. The town stands 7 miles east-south-east of Greenock; sprang from an ancient church dedicated to King Malcolm III; was till recently a curious sequestered place; and now has a post office, with money order department, under Paisley, a railway station, a banking office, a spacious hydropathic establishment of 1880, Established, Free and United Presbyterian churches, and a large public school. Pop. 1170."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Kilmalcolm (NS360696):
Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths began in Scotland on 1st January 1855. For details of these and other records held at the General Register Office in Edinburgh, see the GRO tutorial.GENUKI Gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Kilmalcolm to another place.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Kilmacolm has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.