"KILMALCOLM. The town stands 7 miles east-south-east of Greenock; sprang from an ancient church dedicated to King Malcolm III; was till recently a curious sequestered place; and now has a post office, with money order department, under Paisley, a railway station, a banking office, a spacious hydropathic establishment of 1880, Established, Free and United Presbyterian churches, and a large public school. Pop. 1170."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Kilmalcolm (NS360696):
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.