"LANGBANK, village and quoad sacra parish on north verge of Renfrewshire. The village stands adjacent to the Clyde, 4¼ miles east-south-east of Port Glasgow; includes a chain of new ornate cottages; and has a post office under Port Glasgow, a railway station, Established and United Presbyterian churches, and a commodious school. Pop. of the village, 322; of the quoad sacra parish, 575."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Langbank (NS380733):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Langbank area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Langbank has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.