"LANGBANK, village and quoad sacra parish on north verge of Renfrewshire. The village stands adjacent to the Clyde, 4 1/4 miles east-south-east of Port Glasgow; includes a chain of new ornate cottages; and has a post office under Port Glasgow, a railway station, Established and United Presbyterian churches, and a commodious school. Pop. of the village, 322; of the quoad sacra parish, 575."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Langbank (NS380733):
Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths began in Scotland on 1st January 1855. For details of these and other records held at the General Register Office in Edinburgh, see the GRO tutorial.GENUKI Gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Langbank to another place.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Langbank has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.