"LINWOOD, manufacturing town on the Black Cart, 3 1/2 miles north-by-west of Paisley, Renfrewshire. It is modern and regularly planned, and it has a post office under Paisley, a quoad sacra parochial church, and a large public school. Pop. of town, 1393; of quoad sacra parish, 2505."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Linwood (NS440644):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Linwood area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths began in Scotland on 1st January 1855. For details of these and other records held at the General Register Office in Edinburgh, see the GRO tutorial.
- View pictures of Linwood.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Linwood has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.