"LINWOOD, manufacturing town on the Black Cart, 3½ miles north-by-west of Paisley, Renfrewshire. It is modern and regularly planned, and it has a post office under Paisley, a quoad sacra parochial church, and a large public school. Pop. of town, 1393; of quoad sacra parish, 2505."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Linwood (NS440644):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Linwood area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- View pictures of Linwood.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.