"BLAINSLEE, a village in the north-east extremity of the parish of Melrose, Roxburghshire. It stands on the right bank of the Leader, 3 miles south-south-east of Lauder, on the road thence to St Boswells." from the Imperial Gazetteer of Scotland, edited by John Marius Wilson, 1868.
The History of Blainslie, Roxburghshire by Colonel W.H. Oliver, published at Blainslie in 1981, ISBN 0950635405.
For information on farming life at Blainslie in the 16th century, see Mary Stewart's People.
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.