A 19th century map of Roxburghshire is available online, although it is large (75 Kbytes) to download. See also the main Scotland page in GENUKI for further advice on this topic.
Roxburghshire is covered by the following Ordnance Survey Landranger maps (scale 1:50000, or 2cm:1km, or 1.25inch:1mile):
- Sheet 73: Peebles, Galashiels & surrounding area
- Sheet 74: Kelso & surrounding area
- Sheet 79: Hawick & Eskdale area
- Sheet 80: Cheviot Hills & Keilder Forest
The following Ordnance Survey Pathfinder maps cover places in the county (scale 1:25000, or 4cm:1km, or 2.5inch:1mile):
- Sheet 462: Kelso
- Sheet 463: Coldstream
- Sheet 485: Hawick & Area
- Sheet 497: Teviothead & Stobs Castle
- Sheet 508: Hermitage & Saughtree
Large parts of the county formerly covered by Pathfinder maps are included in two Ordnance Survey Outdoor Leisure maps. These maps cover larger areas but are at the same scale as Pathfinder maps, i.e. 1:25000. Both the maps for this area are double-sided to give extra coverage:
- Outdoor Leisure 16: The Cheviot Hills (including Bedrule, Jedburgh, Crailing, Linton, Morebattle, Oxnam, Hownam and Yetholm)
- Outdoor Leisure 44: Tweed Valley - Peebles to St Boswells (from Peebles in the west to St Boswells in the east, Lauder in the north to Ashkirk and Minto in the south)
For a map with broader coverage including this county try the Ordnance Survey Travelmaster Sheet 4 "Southern Scotland and Northumberland". This runs from Dundee (Angus) in the north down to Newcastle-upon-Tyne (Northumberland) in the south and east, and over to Campbeltown (Argyll) in the west. The scale is 1:625000, or 4cm:25km, or 1inch:10miles.
The county is also covered by reprinted one-inch to the mile Victorian Ordnance Survey maps. These are published by Caledonian Maps. The maps covering Roxburghshire are:
- Sheet 11: Newcastleton
- Sheet 16: Moffat, including Beattock, Eskdalemuir, Ettrick Water, Hart Fell, St Mary's Loch, Thirlestane, Tweedsmuir and Yarrow
- Sheet 17: Hawick & Jedburgh, including Ancrum, Ashkirk, Bedrule, Bonchester, Cheviot Hills, Hobkirk, Lilliesleaf, Minto, Teviotdale, and Watling Street
- Sheet 25: Kelso & Melrose, including Earlston, Galashiels, Gordon, Greenlaw, Lauder, Polwarth, Roxburgh, St Boswells, Selkirk and Westruther
Details of reprints of old town plans will be given on the appropriate parish pages.