"Situation and Extent. - Airth lies in the county and presbytery of Stirling, and the synod Perth and Stirling. The extent of the parish, upon the side of the river, is about 6 miles, its medium length 5, and its breadth fully 2 miles. The figure is irregular, and approaches nearest to the parallelogram. The whole parish is a plain, the hills of Airth and Dunmore excepted. This last hill is termed, by some writers Airth-beg or Little Airth."
Parish Of Airth (County of Stirling) by Rev. Mr Robert Ure (Statistical Account of Scotland 1791-1799)
Tom Paterson has transcribed the 1881 census entries for Airth.
The transcription of the section for Airth from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.