"Situation and Extent. - Airth lies in the county and presbytery of Stirling, and the synod Perth and Stirling. The extent of the parish, upon the side of the river, is about 6 miles, its medium length 5, and its breadth fully 2 miles. The figure is irregular, and approaches nearest to the parallelogram. The whole parish is a plain, the hills of Airth and Dunmore excepted. This last hill is termed, by some writers Airth-beg or Little Airth."
Parish Of Airth (County of Stirling) by Rev. Mr Robert Ure (Statistical Account of Scotland 1791-1799)
The transcription of the section for Airth from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
See also Edinburgh University's "Gazetteer for Scotland"
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.