"Situation, Extent, Surface &c. - About two thirds of this parish are situated within the county of Perth, and one-third in the county of Stirling. The river Teath bounds it on the south-west, where it meets the Forth and the Allan on the east. The southern point is where the Allan falls into the united streams of the other two. From east to west it extends about 3 miles, and nearly about as much from north to south. It contains about 2000 acres, one-half of which is a rich clay, and the other half upland, or what is generally called dry-field. The clay soil on the south is divided from the upland by a beautiful bank, which crosses the parish almost parallel to the north side, and nearly at one-third of the distance between it and the southern extremity."
Parish of Lecropt, Presbytery of Dunblane, Synod Perth and Stirling. The Rev. Peter M'Laren, Minister (Statistical Account of Scotland 1845)
For a brief description of Lecropt see Edinburgh Universities "Gazetteer for Scotland"
- The transcription of the section for Lecropt from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.