GENUKI Home page

HeneglwysHeneglwys    ContentsContents

 

 

 Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru.

(History of the Welsh Independent Churches)

By Thomas Rees & John Thomas; 4 volumes (published 1871+)

 

Extracted  by Gareth Hicks from the CD published by Archive CD Books (Jan 2008)


Bodffordd

(Vol 2, p 462)

"Cychwynwyd yr achos yma gan ychydig o aelodau Rhosymeirch tua'r flwyddyn 1810, mewn lle a elwir Hendy, a buwyd yn addoli yn y bwthyn llwyd hwnw am bedair blynedd. Yr oedd Mr. Owen Thomas, Carrog, yn enedigol o'r ardal yma, ac yn aelod yn Rhosymeirch, ac efe yn benaf a ofalai am yr achos bychan yma hyd 1822, pryd y cymerodd Mr. David James ofal y lle mewn cysylltiad a Rhosymeirch a'r Capel Mawr. Adeiladwyd yma gapel yn y flwyddyn 1811, yr hwn a alwyd Sardis, a chofrestriwyd Sardis, yn mhlwyf Heneglwys, gan Mr. Jonathan Powell, Rhagfyr 1 af, 1814, fel y dengys Cofnodion Llys Bangor. Y rhai oedd yn blaenori yn adeiladaeth y capel oedd - Daniel Jones, Rhydyspardyn; Robert Jones, Cerygduon, a William Evans, Ty'nyrallt. Bu y gwyr hyn a'u teuluoedd yn llawer o swcwr i'r achos bychan yn y lle. Yn y flwyddyn 1824, helaethwyd y capel, ac wedi hyny yn y flwyddyn 1846, a thrachefn yn y flwyddyn 1865. Bu y lle mewn cysylltiad a Rhosymeirch hyd derfyn gweinidogaeth Mr. James, ac felly y mae yn parhau etto dan ofal Mr. J. R. Davies.

Cyfodwyd yma ddau bregethwr :-

Translation by Maureen Saycell (Jan 2008)

 "The cause was started here by a few members from Rhosmeirch around 1810, in a place called Hendy, and they worshipped in the grey cottage for four years. Mr Owen Thomas, Carrog, who was born in this area, and a member at Rhosmeirch, and it was him that was mainly responsible for this small cause until 1822, when Mr David James became the minister here along with Rhosmeirch and Capel Mawr (Big Chapel). A chapel was built here in 1811, this was named Sardis, and Sardis was registered in the parish of Heneglwys, by Mr Jonathan Powell on December 1st, 1814, as shown in the Bangor Court records. The following took the lead in building the chapel - Daniel Jones, Rhydyspardyn; Robert Jones, Cerygduon, and William Evans, Ty'nyrallt. These men and their families were of great succour to the cause in this small place. In 1824 the chapel was extended, and again in 1846, and once more in 1865. It was associated with Rhosymeirch to the end of Mr James' ministry, and so it continues under the care of Mr J. R. Davies.

Two Preachers were raised here:-

 


Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional [ Last updated: 26 Jan 2008 - Gareth Hicks]

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI