Rhyd Stores, Talwrn, Papers 1826-1975 - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"Rhyd Stores (Siop y Rhyd), Talwrn, was a general store, selling clothing, toys, fertilisers, etc. It was leased by Evan R. Thomas, of Bodeilio, and then by William Jones. Evan's grandson, Hugh Owen (1881-1978) had two daughters, Elsie (b. 1905) and Gwyneth (b. 1907). The collection also includes some papers relating to Fferam Gorniog, Pentraeth"
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanddyfnan Parish; Statistics; Area 3506 acres; Population 344 males, 385 females, total 729
Llanddyfnan Parish Church (Diocese of Bangor) Attendance - (average) afternoon 149 Services in Welsh W Williams, Rector, Pentraeth
Siloam, Independent Erected 1841 Attendance - morning 65, afternoon 45, evening 23 John Thomas, Deacon, Tyn yr efel
Talwern, Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1805 Not used exclusively as a place of worship Attendance - morning 103, afternoon 132 scholars, evening 219 John Prytherch, Minister, Dyffryn, Llangefni
Siloam chapel (Ind), Talwrn - on geograph.org.ukand "........ first built in 1841 and rebuilt in 1880......" coflein
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Talwrn chapel (in Welsh) - with translation
LLANDDYVNAN (LLAN-DDYVNAN), a parish in the hundred of TYNDAETHWY, county of ANGLESEY, NORTH WALES, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Beaumaris, containing 678 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the turnpike road from Beaumaris to Llanerchymedd and Amlwch, is, with the exception of a small part, enclosed and well cultivated : it formerly contained an extensive common, which was enclosed some years ago, and several houses erected upon it. The scenery is pleasingly diversified and enriched with wood, and in the neighbourhood are obtained some good prospects. The adjacent seat of Plas Llanddyvnan is a spacious and handsome mansion, beautifully situated, and environed with extensive woods, in which is some of the largest and most valuable timber in the island. The parish abounds with limestone of very excellent quality, of which large quantities are shipped to the government harbours, quays, and other public works in Ireland, and also to Liverpool, for various purposes. The living is a rectory, with the perpetual curacies of Llanbedr-Goch, Llanvair-Mathavarneithav, and Pentraeth annexed, in the archdeaconry of Anglesey, and diocese of Bangor, rated in the king's books at £38. 6. 8., and held in commendam since the year 1701, by the Bishop of Bangor, who appoints a stipendiary curate. The church, dedicated to St. Dyvnan, who came from Rome about the year 180, to assist in converting the Britons to Christianity, was originally founded in the year 590 ; and the present structure, which is spacious and well built, appears to have been originally of much greater extent : in digging in the churchyard, foundations of ancient buildings have at various times been discovered, at a considerable distance from the site of the present edifice. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists. The interest of several small charitable donations and bequests is annually distributed among the poor, at Christmas, pursuant to the directions of the several benefactors. Not far from the church are some remains of a well-constructed Roman road, fourteen feet wide, running in a west-north-western direction towards Holyhead : it is supposed to have been a continuation of the road leading from the shore in the parish of Penmon, and may be traced at intervals entirely across this parish, and again near Plas Tregaian, in that adjoining. The average annual expenditure for the maintenance of the poor is £306.3. ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)