Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanerchymedd Village; Statistics; Area 15 acres; Population 34 males, 37 females, total 71
- Llanerchymedd Chapelry Attached to the rectory of Llanbeulan Attendance - (average) 80 + 25 scholars, afternoon 97 + 35 scholars " Llanerchymedd village or Town contains a population of about two thousand. It consists of portions of five Parishes viz Amlwch, Coedana, Llechgynfarwydd, Rhodogeidio and Llanerchymedd itself. The Church which is a Chapelry attached to the Rectory of Llanbeulan (which is about 10 miles distant from here) is private property and is in a wretched state. The Inhabitants do not attend it in great numbers owing both to the miserable condition of the Building and because the pews being private property they have nowhere to sit but the free benches. This is the only place of worship connected with the Church of England in the town for a population of 2000. The population of the town is made up from the different portions of the Parishes as nearly as can be in the following way ........" [unfortunately the entry ends there although the next page in the source book has a plan of the village/town of Llanerchymedd] Hugh Owen, Officiating Minister
- Capel Evan, Independent Erected 1836 Attendance - morning 95 scholars, afternoon 171, evening 205 John Roberts, Minister; Thomas Parry, Deacon; Llanerchymedd