Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanfigael Parochial Chapelry; Statistics; Area 484 acres; Population 68 males, 82 females, total 150
Llanfigel Separate parish attached to Llanfachraith Attendance - evening 28 Church rebuilt in 1841 (Lewis) "There is no Day School" David Williams, Rector
Ty'n y Maen Chapel, Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1800 Attendance - morning 129, afternoon 88 scholars, evening 101 "There is only two or three in our Parish that can't read theire bibles. A good day school is much wanted in the Neborhood................" William Williams, Minister, Graianfryn, nr Llanfaethlu
LLANVIGAEL (LLAN-VIGEL), a parish in the hundred of TAL Y BOLION, county of ANGLESEY, NORTH WALES, 2 1/2 miles (N. N. W.) from Bodedern, containing 146 inhabitants. This small parish is situated on one of the finest rivulets in the isle, called Avon Alaw, which adds greatly to its fertility : the lands are enclosed and in a good state of cultivation. The scenery is finely varied, and the views from the higher grounds are interesting and extensive, and in some parts highly picturesque. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanvachreth, in the archdeaconry of Anglesey, and diocese of Bangor. The church was situated on the margin of the rivulet which flows through the parish : at present but a small portion of its ruins are remaining. The parishioners attend divine service in the church of Llanvachreth ; but distinct officers are still chosen, and the public business of the parish is transacted, in the same manner as prior to the decay of the church. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor is £ 63. 1. (A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)
You can see the administrative areas in which Llanfigael has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.