Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llangefni Parish and Borough; Statistics; Area 2426 acres; Population 813 males, 986 females, total 1799
- Llangefni Parish Church Consecrated in 1824 in lieu of an old church Attendance - morning 105 + 110 scholars, afternoon 70 + 30 scholars, evening 72 + 40 scholars Services in Welsh N Owen, Rector
- Ebenezer, Baptist Erected 1785 Attendance - morning 157, afternoon 129 scholars, evening 259 David Roberts, Baptist Minister
- Dinas Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist Erected before 1800 Attendance - morning 162 scholars, afternoon 391, evening 420 "The number of Scholars actually receiving instruction on the 30th March was much below the average [ afternoon 280] owing to the School on that day being held in the morning instead of the afternoon, many of the children being obliged to attend the morning service at the Parish Church" Sam Ellis, Elder
- Wesleyan Methodist Erected 1803 Attendance - morning 46 scholars, afternoon 69 + 9 scholars, evening 70 + 10 scholars Edward Thomas, Elder, Church St
- Rhos y Meirch Chapel, Independent Erected 1749 Dwelling house and stable adjoining Attendance - morning 110, afternoon 96, evening 150 William Williams, 4 Crosses, Tregaean
- Smyrna, Independents Erected 1844 Attendance - morning 37 scholars, afternoon 69, evening 56 Owen Lewis, Deacon, Marketplace, Llangefni