Particulars and plan of desirable freehold farms and lands situate in the several parishes of Llanidan, Ceirchiog, Amlwch, Llangoed, and Llaniestyn in the County of Anglesea [sic] : sold by auction by Mr. Wm. Dew, 22 August 1861, at the Bull Hotel, Llangefni. Chester : W.F. and M. Healey, 1861. 6p
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llangoes (?) Parochial Chapelry; Statistics; Area 1343 acres; Population 282 males, 320 females, total; 602
Llangoed Church (Diocese of Bangor) Attendance - usual number - morning 100 Informant; Wm Griffith, Registrar
Soar, Baptist Erected 1802 Attendance - average - general congregation 200, scholars 120 John Hughes, Deacon, Tan Marian
St Cawrdaf's Church "Rebuilt in 1881, except for original transcept 1612." coflein
Jerusalem Baptist chapel, Ffordd Beaumaris, Llangoed - on geograph.org.ukand "..........was built in 1802 and rebuilt in 1862 ....." coflein
Ysgoldy y Rhyd CM chapel, Beaumaris Rd - on geograph.org.ukand ".......was built in 1794 and rebuilt in 1897........." coflein
Llangoed chapel (CM)/Ty Rhys "Llangoed Methodist Chapel was built in 1794, rebuilt in 1822, extended in 1878 and renewed in 1908......" coflein
Capel Ty Rhys Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Llangoed, papurau (papers) - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales "Papers of the Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Llangoed, 1864-1957: minute books, 1880-1936; financial records, 1864-1992; Sunday School secretary's book, 1904-1932; membership records, 1870-1886; pew rents, 1903-1957; baptism registers, 1876-1891; burial register, 1912-1988; and marriage register, 1944-1970"
Llangoed Wesleyan chapel / Penuel, Stryd Fawr, Llangoed "Llangoed Methodist Chapel was built in 1833, rebuilt in 1863 and rebuilt again in 1879,......." coflein
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). The Glanyrafon section (in Welsh) has been extracted - with translation (Eleri Rowlands July 2014)
LLANGOED (LLAN-GOED), or LLANGOURDA, a parish in the hundred of TYNDAETHWY, county of ANGLESEY, NORTH WALES, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Beaumaris, containing 562 inhabitants. This place, the name of which signifies "the church in the wood," is situated on the shore of the Irish sea, by which it is bounded on the north, and forms an enclosed and well-cultivated tract. The surrounding scenery is agreeably varied, and the views over the sea and the adjacent country are extensive, and abound with interesting features. Plas yn Llangoed, in this parish, the residence of Mrs. Hughes, is a spacious mansion, occupying a delightful situation, embracing within its demesnes a rich variety of scenery, and commanding, from various parts of the grounds, extensive prospects of considerable beauty. On the sea-shore are very large quarries of black and grey marble, and of limestone, from which the government works at Port Patrick and other places are supplied. From the former are raised blocks of marble weighing ten tons, and slabs of large dimensions, susceptible of a high polish; and from the latter, stone of excellent quality for building, and also for burning into lime. These quarries, which are worked upon an extensive scale, afford employment to more than a hundred men, exclusively of others who are engaged in the navigation of ten vessels, which are constantly employed in transporting the larger blocks to Ireland, and the smaller pieces to Liverpool. The situation of the quarries near the sea-shore affords great facility for shipping off their produce ; and on this part of the coast is good anchorage for vessels, while waiting to receive their freight. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed, with that of Llanvihangel-Din-Sylwy, to the rectory of Llaniestyn, in the archdeaconry of Anglesey, and diocese of Bangor, endowed conjointly with £200 private benefaction, £600 royal bounty, and £ 900 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Rev. Robert J. Hughes. The church, dedicated to St. Cawrdav, is of very ancient foundation : the present structure was erected in 1613, at the expense of Henry Johnes, Esq., to whom James I. granted the tithes of this parish. It is a spacious and elegant cruciform edifice, in the later style of English architecture, consisting of a nave, chancel, and north and south transepts, and containing some good monuments to the memory of deceased members of the families of Johnes and Hughes. There are places of worship for Baptists and Calvinistic Methodists. William Wynne, by deed in 1670, gave a tenement called Tyddyn Llwyn, in the parish of Bethgelart, in the county, of Carnarvon, the rent of which he directed to be appropriated to the apprenticing of two poor boys either of this parish or that of Penmon adjoining, and also for the purchase of six coats annually, to be given to six poor men at Christmas, and of six penny loaves to be distributed weekly on Sunday : this tenement is now worth £200 per annum, but no appropriation of its rental to the objects for which it was given has been made since 1826. There are several other benefactions to the poor, the proceeds of the whole of which are either lost or misapplied. Plas Newydd, a very extensive farm in this parish, was left by the foundress of Llandwrog almshouses, in Carmarthenshire, towards their support, and is now become a very valuable property. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor is £ 162. 13. ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)
Evans, John, 'Iberiad', Parch. (Rev.), Llangoed, papurau (papers) - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales "The Rev. John Evans (d. [?1941]) was a minister of the Presbyterian Church of Wales in Taldrwst, Llangoed, Anglesey. He wrote short stories under the name 'Iberiad'."
You can see the administrative areas in which Llangoed has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.