Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llansadwrn Parish; Statistics; Area 2891 acres; Population 225 males, 219 females, total 444
Llansadwrn Parish Church (Diocese of Bangor) Attendance - morning 40 Service in Welsh John Roberts, Rector
Penucheldre, Calvinistic Methodists Erected c 1839 Not separate building/ not used exclusively as a place fo worship Attendance - morning 94, afternoon 140, evening 98 Robert Jones, Deacon, Cremlyn, nr Beaumaris
St Saturninus Church, Llansadwrn - on geograph.org.ukand "Rebuilt 1881 on old foundations...."
Capel Penucheldref (CM) - on geograph.org.ukand "By 1851 the congregation ......... were meeting in a building erected in 1839 but not used exclusively as a place of worship. A chapel was built in 1877, rebuilt in 1906 and rebuilt again in 1957........." coflein
LLANSADWRN (LLAN-SADWRN), a parish in the hundred of TYNDAETHWY, county of ANGLESEY, NORTH WALES, 3 1/2 miles (W.) from Beaumaris, containing 371 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated in the eastern part of the county, and within four miles of the Menai bridge, comprises a moderate portion of land, of which the whole is enclosed, and the greater part in a state of good cultivation. The houses of the inhabitants are scattered over the parish in detached situations, not forming any village ; and the surrounding scenery, though not characterized by any peculiarity of feature, is pleasingly rural. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Anglesey, and diocese of Bangor, rated in the king's books at £ 7. 6. 0 1/2., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Bangor. The church, dedicated to St. Sadwrn, from which circumstance the parish derives its name, is a small but neat edifice, consisting of a nave, chancel, and north transept, and was thoroughly repaired at a considerable expense in 1829. In the transept, projecting from one of the walls, is the head of an ecclesiastic, well executed in stone; and outside the same part of the edifice is the head of a bear, with a muzzle and chain, also curiously carved in stone. A fragment of stone has been found, which is now placed within the transept under the head above mentioned, bearing part of. a mutilated inscription in Roman characters, in which the word " Saturninus," still legible, seems to shew that it was part of the monument of that saint, by whom the church is supposed to have been founded about the year 603. The farms of Bryn Eryr and Rhos Owen, left by Dr. Rowlands for the support of his almshouses at Bangor, are in this parish. Rowland Jones, in 1715, left a tenement called Gorslas, the rent of which he appropriated in equal shares to the poor of this parish and that of Pentraeth ; and Mrs. Roberts, in 1756, bequeathed £ 150, the interest of which sum she directed to be given in equal shares to three of the poorest and most deserving housekeepers of Llansadwrn. In a field adjoining Trevor, in this parish, are the remains of two ancient cromlechs ; the larger, which was supported on two upright stones more than ten feet high, fell down in 1825. There are some remains of an ancient fortress, near an old, family mansion called " Castellior," which, from several relics of antiquity discovered in the immediate vicinity, is supposed to be of Roman origin. In the marsh near the base of Llwydiart mountain, fossil oak trees, acorns, and nuts are found, several feet below the surface, retaining all their original freshness. The poor are maintained by an average annual expenditure amounting to £137. 10. ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)
Kyffin Williams Papers - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"J. Kyffin Williams (1918 -), Painter, of Llansadwrn, Anglesey and London is the grandson of Reverend Richard Hughes Williams (1837-1903) who was vicar of Llandrygarn and Bodwrog, Anglesey, 1864-77; rector of Llansadwrn, 1877-91; and rector of Llanfaethlu and Llanfwrog from 1891 until his death in 1903.................."
You can see the administrative areas in which Llansadwrn has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Aerial photograph of Hafoty, Llansadwrn - on the People's Collection Wales site
"The original house was built on this site near Llansadwrn, Anglesey, during the 14th century, and it is regarded as a unique example in north Wales of a timber-framed building which was later enclosed with stone " Dispute involving the Rev. Hugh Humphreys and S. Grindley re Llansadwrn tithes 1802+ - details of extant records on the Gwynedd Archives site
Penhesgyn Open Air Home, House Committee records - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"Penhesgyn Open Air Home, Llansadwrn, Anglesey, was active 1935-1948. It was a hospital centre for the treatment of tuberculosis sufferers........."