"LLANWENLLWYFO, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Twrcelyn, county Anglesey, 6 miles N.E. of Llanerchymedd. Gwindy is its post town. It is situated on the N.E. coast, at the mouth of the river Dulas. Mining operations are carried on. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Bangor, in the gift of the Incumbent of Amlwch. The church is dedicated to St. Gwenllwyvo. It contains an elaborate brass of the 14th century. Llys-Dulas is the seat of Lady Dinorben. The grounds of this mansion slope down to the water's edge, and command magnificent sea views." [From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Hughes, John O. Goleuo'r Gair : trysor Eglwys Llanwenllwyfo ym Môn. Cristion. Rhif 110 (Ion./Chwef. 2002), t. 10-11
Hughes, John O. A short guide to the early 16th century glass at Llanwenllwyfo Church, Isle of Anglesey. Amlwch : J.O. Hughes, 1995. 17 leaves
Joyce and Douglas Hinde have provided a transcript of the 1801 Census of Amlwch, including parts of the parishes of Llaneilian, Llanerchymedd, Llanwenllwyfo and Rhosbol.
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanwenllwyfo Parochial Chapelry; Statistics; Area 1756 acres; Population 290 males, 293 females, total 583
Joyce Hinde has supplied a list of Parish Registers held at Anglesey Record Office.
Llanwenllwyfo church - on geograph.org
Held at Anglesey Record Office (NRA);
Gwynedd Family History Society have a diagram of the ecclesiastical parishes of Anglesey (under Publications)
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date