Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanynghenedl Parochial Chapelry; Statistics; Area 2965 acres; Population 213 males, 213 females, total 426
Llanenghenedl Parochial Chapel Attendance - evening 20 "This return is enough to galvanise the variest of Stoics to sympathise with those who now attempt to reform the desperate condition of the Anglesey Churches" David Lloyd, Curate
LLANENGHENEDL (LLANENGHENEL), a parish in the hundred of LLYVON, county of ANGLESEY, NORTH WALES, 2 miles (E.) from Bodedern, containing 412 inhabitants. This parish forms a level and fertile district, watered by numerous rivulets, and comprises a considerable extent of enclosed and well-cultivated land. The village is pleasantly situated on the old Holyhead road, and the new line of road to that place passes through a considerable portion of the parish. The surrounding scenery, though not distinguished by any peculiarity of feature, is generally pleasing, and the adjacent country is finely varied. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanvachreth, in the archdeaconry of Anglesey, and diocese of Bangor. The church, dedicated to St. Enghenel, commander of the British forces under Cadvan, in the memorable battle of Chester, in 603, and said to have been erected about the commencement of the seventh century, is a small but lofty edifice, situated on a rock, close to the road leading from Llangevni to Holyhead: several parts of the present structure display marks of very great antiquity. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. Several small charitable donations and bequests have been made by various benefactors for the relief of the poor of this parish, the produce of which is principally appropriated to the reduction of the poors' rate. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor amounts to £164. 10. ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)