Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llechcynfarwydd Parochial Chapelry; Statistics; Area 1964 acres; Population 206 males, 195 females, total 401
Llechcynfarwyd Parochial Chapel belonging to Llantrisaint Rectory Attendance - afternoon 40 Archdeacon John Jones, Rector
Eglwys Cynfarwy Sant - on geograph.org.uk and " ................ There is little survivng evidence to suggest a date for the nave and chancel, but the chapel is C17 and the porch modern. The whole church has been extensively moderninsed............" coflein
Capel Carmel, Llechgynfarwy (CM) - on geograph.org.ukand "Carmel Methodist Chapel was first built in 1826, modified in 1838 and rebuilt in 1855....." coflein
Capel Ebenezer (Wesleyan) - on geograph.org.uk "Trevor Methodist Chapel [Wesleyan/Ebenezer] was built in 1804 and rebuilt in 1833.........." coflein
LLECHCYNVARWYDD (LLECH-GYNVARWY), a parish in the hundred of LLYVON, county of ANGLESEY, NORTH WALES, the church being 3 miles (S. W.) from Llanerchymedd, containing 442 inhabitants. This parish, which derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Cynvarwy, an eminent British saint, who flourished towards the close of the seventh century, is situated in the western portion of the island, on the road leading from Llanerchymedd to the old line of road to Holyhead. It extends to the former of these towns, and comprehends a very large tract of land, of which the greater portion is enclosed and cultivated. The surface is boldly undulated, rising in some parts into considerable eminences ; and the higher grounds command extensive prospects over the surrounding country. The soil is of a poor argillaceous quality, and produces chiefly oats, with a small proportion of wheat and barley. The living is annexed to the rectory of Llantrisant, in the archdeaconry of Anglesey, and diocese of Bangor. The church, which is supposed to have been originally founded about the year 630, is a spacious and handsome cruciform structure, consisting of a nave, chancel, and north and south transepts. Within the limits of this parish the present rector of Llantrisant, in 1826, built a handsome parsonage-house, which, with fifteen acres of land, his private property, he has given to the rectory for ever. There are places.of worship for Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists. The poor children of this parish receive gratuitous instruction in the National school at Llanerchymedd. Mrs. Margaret Wynne bequeathed a small portion of land, the produce of which she appropriated to the support of one indigent and aged woman.; Mrs. Catherine Roberts bequeathed £ 50 in money, for the support of two poor housekeepers ; and there are likewise some smaller charitable donations for the benefit of the poor. In a field adjoining the church is an upright stone, called Maen Llechgwenvarwydd, which is more than nine feet high, and appears to be of great antiquity. The average annual expenditure for the maintenance of the poor amounts to £ 185.5. (A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)
You can see the administrative areas in which Llechcynfarwy has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.